Most firms bought in to the idea of purchasing Microsoft Office 365 for financial reasons and convenience. Microsoft promised easy access to Word, Excel and Outlook know matter where you are. Unfortunately, now might be the day of reckoning with the breach of Microsoft cloud products. Hackers, phishing emails and bad actor malware are regularly using O365 to find more victims, and truth is, you’re actually more likely to already be infected via Microsoft’s patching processes. (This is not your fault. Microsoft’s MO is to always do patching on your operating system to keep you secure.)
You need to take a proactive position to:
1) Protect your email (Barracuda Spam Filtering best in breed)
2) Protect your Windows Operating systems (Bitdefender Gravity Zone fully EDR protection The only cybersecurity vendor to prevent all advanced threats AV comparatives.
With both of these layers of security in place, you can limit your exposure to the SolarWinds malware threat, which is bigger than even the media understand. Everyday more and more firms are coming forward with security breaches. Unfortunately for SolarWinds’ customers, the malware used int he attack is a mutating virus and responds to web commands.
If you are the Public, ask your Internet provider or support tech if they use SolarWinds RMM. If they do, ask to have it removed and replaced. Most tech firms will try justify why they should keep SolarWinds. Fight for your protection.
If you are tech company, contact MspPortal Partners, and we will set you up with the proper security to protect you endpoints and clients.
The cost for both lines through us is less than $6.00 a month per endpoint/mailbox. MspPortal Partners is a Value-Add Distributor for both products. MspPortal Partners does not sell direct to the public. MspPortal Partners have over 400 plus tech firms fully trained to implement a security solution to protect you.
Note: More than likely, your tech firm will charge for any modifications to your account because the virus is not their fault.
1) We asked and received a confirmation from the legal team at Barracuda that there is was/no integration of SolarWinds Orion software in the ESS spam filtering or RMM solutions.
2) Bitdefender also confirmed it does not use the Orion solution.
3) Sign up for our RSS feed to keep you informed on today’s Security Landscape